Pregnancy is an interesting time for all expectant mothers. It brings a lot of joy and excitement, but it can also be filled with a lot of worry and a bit of fear of what's to come, especially if it's your first pregnancy! Also, you have to deal with the pregnancy hormones with their emotional roller coasters, sleepless nights, awfulacid, back pain and so on.
Sometimes all a pregnant woman needs to lift her spirits is a little laugh and a reminder that she's doing an amazing job and has a little miracle in her womb 🙂
So here is a list of 100cute and happy pregnancy phrasesFor all the waiting moms out there. Whether you are looking for something funny to put a big smile on your face and expand your lifePregnancy Survival Kit, something inspirational to remind you of the joy of carrying a baby or if you're just looking for a few phrases for yourspregnancy announcement, I am sure you will find some sayings here that will resonate with you.
And if you're going through an unexpected pregnancy and are looking for quotes to make sure everything is okay, there's also a quotes section just for you 🙂
- Pregnancy Survival Kit (30+ Essentials for Mom and Dad)
- 30 Pregnancy Longing Quotes (Hilarious!)
funny pregnancy quotes
Let's start with some funny pregnancy quotes that will make any mom-to-be happy! Because let's face it, the only way to survive pregnancy is to find humor in all the little things.
From having to urinate all the time to all of thatcravings, huge boobs, feeling like a beached whale all the time, etc. I certainly don't have to give you the whole list.
- Fun things to do during pregnancy
- 30 Pregnancy Longing Quotes (Hilarious!)
Just a word of caution: try not to laugh too much, or your pregnant bladder may not take it and you could soil your pants.
1) "Using on a stick and keeping that stick is the beginning of many disgusting things you will do as a mother" - Unknown
2) "Raising a baby makes me feel like a superhero. A very tired and weak superhero who wants to eat all the time and is not allowed to lift heavy objects" - Unknown
3) "At night I go to bed like a normal person, but I wake up stranded, like a turtle upside down on its shell" - Unknown
4) "Nine months of pregnancy are cheat days" - Unknown
5) "If your wife is pregnant, do NOT finish ANYTHING" - Unknown
I can relate to that so well... I was ALWAYS hungry when I was pregnant. In fact, I still am, even now that I'm breastfeeding! My wife knew very well that she would not eat the last chocolate in the pantry.
6) "Pregnancy is the happiest reason to feel like shit" - Unknown
7) “People always say that pregnant women shine. And I say because you sweat yourself to death.” – Jessica Simpson
8) "I've got two brains in my body, but I've never been this stupid" - Gloria inModern Family
There's no denying it: the baby's brain starts working when you're pregnant! It's actually called "pregnancy brain" or "mommy brain" and is often afirst signs of pregnancy. So if you're feeling a little silly don't worry, you're not alone and it's 100% normal.
9) "I go up a bra size every four weeks, boobs alone make it worth being pregnant" - Natasha Hamilton
To be honest, I didn't expect my boobs to get this big during pregnancy. I knew they would get bigger if I breastfed, but wow, they blew up in the second trimester!
I was pretty flat before pregnancy and I'm not sure I liked my boobs that big as they were pretty sore too. But I certainly enjoyed getting a little fitter up there! The funniest feeling was my boobs touching my stomach 🙂
10) "The months average 30 days, except for the ninth month of pregnancy, which has about 1000 days" - Unknown
11) "If heartburn during pregnancy means you're going to have a fur baby, I'm about to give birth to Chewbacca" - Unknown
Raise your hand if you've heard that a lot of heartburn means your baby will be born with a lot of hair! My heartburn was pretty bad and my daughter was born with a lot of hair. But I also learned that what you eat and how you eat can really affect your heartburn, so I soon discovered a fewgood means of improvement and prevention.
Related:20+ Cures For Heartburn During Pregnancy (And Tips To Prevent It)
12) “Yes, please complain about how tired you are today. Are you growing as a human? I do not think so. Now shut up! - A foreign
13) "Ask me again for gender and expiry date" - Unknown
This one is really making my head spin. I honestly lost count of the number of times people have asked me. It was always the first question everyone asked me when they found out I was pregnant: How annoying!
14) "Waiting for this baby is like picking someone up at the airport, but you don't know who they are or when their flight is" - - Unknown
15) "You don't just turn over in bed at 8 months of pregnancy" - Unknown
16) "If the baby can hear everything in his tummy, then I'm pretty sure his first word will be f*ck." - Unknown
17) "Yes, I gently put my hand on my stomach and feigned discomfort to get a seat on the subway." - Unknown
18) "The birth video they show in a maternity class can make a Quentin Tarantino movie look like a Disney movie." - Unknown
So sad and true... I hate that this great connection between birth and pain still exists. Birth really doesn't have to be the agonizing and dramatic event often portrayed in movies. And it doesn't have to be that the woman is lying on her back with her legs up!!
I actually have themmost amazing and peaceful birthing experienceThanks tohipnoparto. And if you're a little scared or afraid of labor, I really encourage you to look into it.hipnopartoto calm your mind! Or you can read thesePositive Birth Storiesfor some inspiration.
- Hypnobirthing 101: The Basics of Hypnobirthing for a Positive Birth Experience
- How To Give Birth Naturally Without Pain (17 Tips From A Mom Who Made It!)
- Positive Birth Stories: Revolutionizing the Way We View Birth
19) “The first photo of the sonogram is like a tourist photo of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Everyone has one and it looks the same” – Unknown
20) "I haven't had any alcohol in months. This is not pregnancy glitter. This is a detox gloss” – Unknown
21) "The pregnancy brain is my excuse for everything I don't want to do" - Unknown
22) “I know my baby will be a great achiever. I've reached my limit for healthy first trimester weight gain” – Unknown
23) "Leave me alone, everyone. I had a busy day while I was pregnant and I have to do it again tomorrow." - A stranger
24) "They told me... there would be a glow" - Unknown
25) "Yeah, I'm sure there's only one baby in there. Can I punch you in the throat now? - A foreign
26) "You know you're pregnant... When you're cooking in the kitchen, leave something behind and just stand there and think." Do I really need this? - A foreign
This was all mine, especially towards the end of pregnancy when every time I had to bend down was a huge effort. That tummy really starts to bother you in the third trimester!
27) "I'm at a stage in my pregnancy where people aren't sure whether to congratulate me or buy me a gym membership" - Unknown
28) "Life is hard enough without someone kicking you inside out." -Rita Rudner
29)"I wish I could sleep, but someone is using my belly for their own bouncy castle!" - A foreign
30) "Parenthood is the scariest 'neighborhood' you'll ever be in" - Unknown
31) "You don't realize how many people hate your friends until you have to name your baby." - Unknown
We intentionally don't reveal our babies' names to anyone until our daughters are born. People seem very stubborn when it comes to baby names!
I remember it becoming almost a game with my mum and dad - they kept trying to guess the name and kept giving me suggestions based on what they liked or didn't like. As if I cared about his opinion! 🙂
32) "Part of parenting is taking the hits, so see an unexpected pregnancy as the universe's opportunity to help you learn that." - Heather Wittenberg
33) "Think of stretch marks as stretch marks." - Joyce Armor
34) “Your pregnant elephant ankles are going back to normal. Hold on.” – Adriel Booker
35) "Of course I can do that. I'm pregnant, I don't have brain damage. My condition doesn't change my personality” – Christine Feehan
Pregnancy quote about peeing all the time
Frequent urination is often astrange sign of early pregnancyand it is definitely a common symptom for all pregnant women towards the end of pregnancy! The baby is now taking up all the space in that tummy, pushing hard on the bladder... I don't miss every night's trip to the bathroom!
Not to mention if you sneeze hard and some urine comes out... there's just no getting around it, and it has a name. Read on 🙂
36) "To pee or not to pee? That's never the question. Pee” – Unknown
37) "Being pregnant made me realize that it takes talent not to pee when you sneeze." - Unknown
38) “Sneezing for a pregnant girl is like playing Russian roulette; You never know when something will come out” – Unknown
39) "Pregnancy: A condition that makes you urinate when you laugh and vomit when you cough" - A foreign
40) "It's great to be pregnant, you don't need an excuse to pee or eat." - Angelina Jolie
41) "Drink. To pee. Eat. To pee. Sleep. To pee. To pee. Pee” – Unknown
42) "Make yourself comfortable. I have to go to the bathroom. Being very thirsty after urinating. Drink a whole cup of water. Feel comfortable. Having to urinate again. I give up!" - Unknown
43) "Urine - sneeze and urinate at the same time" - Unknown
pregnancy hormones quotes
Oh I loved the pregnancy hormones and mood swings that pregnant women go through... I was extremely "fragile" during pregnancy and my wife had to be very careful what she said to me the whole time 🙂
44) "Warning: Due to the influence of pregnancy hormones, I could burst into tears or kill you in the next five minutes" - Unknown
45) “Hormones and no alcohol. Interact at your own risk” – Unknown
46) "Don't ask me why I'm crying because I don't know" - Unknown
INSPIRATIONAL PREGNANCY QUOTES
Cheerful and sweet, these inspirational pregnancy quotes really capture the beautiful (and sometimes crazy) journey that is pregnancy and motherhood.
If you're going through a "down" moment and are looking for a gentle reminder of what a great gift it is for you to have a child, then these quotes are perfect for you.
47) "A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, funds smaller, homes happier, clothes more worn, the past forgotten and the future worthwhile." Life" - Unknown
48) “Motherhood: It's a choice you make each day to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, teaching the hard lessons of doing what's right even when you're not sure what's right . , and always forgive yourself for doing everything wrong” – Unknown
49) "My body has given me the greatest gift of my life." - Hilary Duff
50) "Even a good mom has bad days, great days, normal days, awesome days, perfect days, tough days, awesome moms days, moms days, lots of love, and a really crazy maternity day." - Unknown
51) “You will never have that day tomorrow with your children. You will be a little older than today. This day is a gift, just breathe and feel, smell and touch, study their little faces and feet, pay attention, enjoy the charm of the present. Enjoy today” – Unknown
52) “You never understand life until it grows inside you” – Sandra Chami Kassis
53) “Being pregnant means being fully alive, it is about being a whole woman and it is a time of growth, transition and new beginnings in life's journey.” – Unknown
54) “Pregnancy is like the beginning of all things; Miracle, hope, a dream of possibility” – Unknown
55) "Just when you think you know love, something small appears to remind you how great it really is." - Unknown
56) “I feel like a woman. It makes me feel like all the things in my body are suddenly there for a reason. You feel plump and supple and to have a little bit of life in you is amazing" - Angelina Jolie
57)"Feeling fat takes nine months, but the joy of being a mom lasts forever" -Nikki Dalton
58) “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing within you. There is no greater gift” – Beyoncé
59) "As we give birth to our babies, we may find that we are birthing new possibilities within ourselves." - Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
60) "You are proof that love is before first sight" - Araceli M. Ream
61) “Being pregnant means that every day I am one day closer to meeting the other love of my life” – Unknown
62) "It's a really magical time, these first few weeks. You almost wish you never had to tell anyone. You could just watch your belly grow and nobody could ask you about it and you would have your baby and a year later you would allow the visitors to finally come and see your little miracle.” – Amy Poehler
I find this quote particularly powerful. Sometimes the first weeks of pregnancy can be very stressful and full of anxiety: not telling anyone and fear of an early miscarriage. I remember having a lot of stress with this until I was at least 20 weeks old.
Instead, remind yourself that this is a magical moment. Watch your belly slowly grow, connect with your baby and try to let all your fears and worries melt away.
63) "A mother's joy begins when a new life stirs within her...when a small heartbeat is heard for the first time and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone" - Unknown
64) “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, fully woman and anxiously inhabited. The soul and spirit are stretched along with the body, making pregnancy a time of transition, growth and deep beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
65) “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” –Mary Mason
66) "What if I fail?" "Oh but my love what if you fly?" - Erin Hanson
This quote isn't exclusive to pregnant women, but I think it goes perfectly with these other inspirational pregnancy quotes!
UNEXPECTED PREGNANCY QUOTES
Not all pregnancies are planned, and an unexpected pregnancy often brings with it a variety of emotions, from joy to panic. But that definitely doesn't mean you can't or won't be a good mom!
If you're struggling to find solace in the uncertainty of this new path or need a reminder that everything happens for a reason and that you can do it, then these pregnancy quotes are for you.
67) “A baby fills the space in your heart you never knew was empty” – Unknown
68) "As much as you want to plan your life, there's a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you happier than you originally planned." - Unknown
69) "Sometimes you don't realize what's missing in your life until it comes" - Araceli M. Ream
70) "There are unplanned pregnancies, but there are no unplanned people" - Unknown
71) “Being a mother is not what you gave up to have a child, but what you gained by it” – Unknown
72) "The most memorable moments in life are the ones you never planned" - Unknown
73) "Part of parenting is taking the hits, so look at an unexpected pregnancy as the universe's opportunity to help you learn that." - Heather Wittenberg
74) “Unplanned...doesn't mean unwanted or unloved. It just means life knew what it needed before I knew it.” – Unknown
75) “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned in order to have the life that awaits us” – Unknown
76) “The truth is, pregnancy changes me as a person. Every day is part of this incredible journey that has completely changed the focus of my life and made me reassess my personal and professional goals” – Holly Madison
77) "No matter how bad my day was, it takes a little kick to make everything feel right" - Unknown
78) "A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope, a dream of possibility." -Eda LeShan
Other cute and happy pregnancy quotes
Here are some more sweet and happy pregnancy quotes to enjoy while you wait for your little baby to walk into your life.
79) “You are pregnant and you are powerful. You are brave and you are beautiful. Progress in your boldness, in your beauty and in your joy. Trust your body at birth and know that the collective power of women around the world will be with you” – Unknown
80) “A mother does not get pregnant to hire doctors. Childbirth is an ecstatic and joyful adventure unavailable to men. It's the most important creative experience of a woman's life” – John Stevenson
81) "Having a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can have." - Jayne Mansfield
82) “Sometimes when you pick up your son, you can feel the map of your own bones under your hands or smell the scent of your skin on his neck. That's the most extraordinary thing about motherhood: finding a part of yourself that's detached and separate, that you couldn't live without anyway.” – Jodi Picoult
83) "Everything is getting rounder and wider and stranger, and I'm sitting here in the middle of it, wondering who on earth you're going to become." - Carrie Fisher
84) "It's twice as much laughter and twice as much smiles and twice as much trouble to be blessed with twins." - Unknown
85) "Of all the rights of a woman, the greatest is to be a mother" - Lin Yutang
86) The most important thing I had learned over the years was that there was no one way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
87) "A sailing ship and a woman with a fat belly are the two most beautiful things to see together." - Benjamin Franklin
88) “Babies are stardust blown from the hand of God. Happy is the woman who knows the pains of childbirth because she has held a star in her hand.” – Larry Barretto
89) "Let's make pregnancy a time to appreciate our female bodies." -Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
90)“The woman in charge in me is the one who budgets for groceries. The pregnant woman says, “Ooooo! Chocolate cake!"
91)"I'm pregnant, not hairy. Don't pet me!" - A foreign
92) “Congratulations on the pregnancy. Enjoy the luxury of getting your man's attention every time you make a small noise, whether it's a painful moan or a stinky fart." - A foreign
93)"Having a baby changes the way you see your in-laws, I love it when they come to visit now. You can hold the baby and I can get out.” – Matthew Broderick - A foreign
94) “Pregnant women can easily become millionaires. You only have to charge $5 for abdominal massage.” – Unknown
95) "Wow! My 9 month pregnancy passed very quickly, no one ever said that” – Unknown
96) “I grow a new life inside me, what are you doing?” - A stranger
97) “How can you make your husband your personal servant for nine months? Getting pregnant” – Unknown
98) “People rub a pregnant woman's belly like a Buddha and rubbing her belly will bring them luck, prosperity and good luck” – Unknown
99) “The daily meals of a pregnant woman include before breakfast, breakfast, lunch, before dinner, dinner, dessert, dessert number 2”- A foreign
100) “Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. That is the miracle of motherly love” – Maureen Hawkins
Sweet and Happy Pregnancy Quotes: Final Thoughts
Whether you're feeling excited or worried about your pregnancy (or a little bit of both?), expecting a baby really is one of the most magical times in life. I really hope these funny or inspirational pregnancy quotes made you forget all the awful pregnancy symptoms and worries for a moment.
Remember that no matter how uncomfortable or uncertain pregnancy may be, you carry a small miracle within you and you should try to celebrate it every day. Pregnancy symptoms disappear and most worries disappear as soon as you hold your little one in your arms.
If you want to go ahead and read somethingshort baby phrasesbecause if the baby is really there, stop bythese baby quotes- including funny quotes or baby boy baby girl specific quotes or baby angels and rainbows if you experience onepregnancy after loss.
Or, if you're also looking for specific funny pregnancy quotes about cravingslook at these.
Is it also time to tell your family or friends about your pregnancy on social media? Then look for inspiration in these related posts:
Or is the delivery date approaching? Here are some related articles to prepare you for childbirth and the postpartum period:
- Hospital Bag Checklist for Mom, Baby and Partner
- The ultimate postpartum care kit checklist
- The ultimate checklist for newborns
- 15 signs that labor is 24-48 hours away
- 10 of the fastest ways to get into labor overnight
- How To Give Birth Naturally Without Pain (17 Tips From A Mom Who Made It!)
- Printable Natural Birth Plan Template (Word + FREE PDF)
- 23 Tips for Giving Birth Without Epidural Anesthesia (Yes, you can!)
What do you think of the quotes and sayings above? Have you heard any other cute or happy pregnancy quotes that aren't included here and think they should be added? So let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you!
Or is there something special that you are struggling with in your pregnancy? So please grab it - don't keep everything in it! If you don't feel comfortable talking to those around you, my door is always open and you can reach me at monica(at)conqueringmotherhood(dot)com.
Did you find it useful? Put it on!